Download, sign in, and import
Install Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook
Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook® (GASMO) is a plug-in for Microsoft Outlook that lets you keep using Outlook to manage your Google Apps for Work or Education account. Specifically, Google Apps Sync syncs your mail, contacts, calendar events, Outlook notes, and tasks between your Google profile in Outlook and your Google Apps account in the cloud, so you can access the same information at any time from either interface.
Check out which versions of Windows and Microsoft Outlook are supported by GASMO.
- If you haven't already, sign in to your Google Apps account on the web at least once, to accept Google's Terms and Conditions.
- Install Google Apps Sync on the computer where you run Outlook, using one of the methods below (whichever one applies for you). Note that installing Google Apps Sync also installs Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Outlook, which lets you import Outlook data to Google Apps (more on that, soon).
I'm downloading Google Apps Sync myself
- If you are your domain's administrator, enable Google Apps Sync for your domain by making some quick settings in your Google Admin Panel, as described in these system requirements. Otherwise, skip this step as it's probably already been done for you.
- Go to the Google Apps Sync download page and carefully review the system requirements listed there. Before continuing with installation, install any necessary updates to your version of Outlook or Windows.
- From the same download page, click the big download button to download and install Google Apps Sync.
If you belong to a large organization, your administrator might have prepared an installation file for you. In that case, all you have to do is install it.
- From your Windows Control Panel, open Run Advertised Programs, select Google Apps Sync from the list of programs, and click Run to install Google Apps Sync.
- From the Windows Start menu, open All Programs. Then choose Google Apps Sync > Set up a Google Apps Sync user.
After installation, you're asked to sign in to your Google Apps account. Click the arrow to continue.