To get email from another app, your administrator needs to turn on IMAP and POP.
In Gmail, you can get email from another app, such as Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail. To get email from another app, you need to turn on IMAP, remove folder size limits on IMAP messages, and show all IMAP folders that you want to include from the other app.
Turn on IMAP, remove folder size limits, and show all folders
- Open Gmail.
- At the top right, click Settings See all settings.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Next to IMAP access, select Enable IMAP.
- Under Folder size limits, select Do not limit the number of messages in an IMAP folder (default).
- Click Save Changes.
- Click Settings See all settings.
- Click Labels.
- Next to the label for the folders that you want to include, check the Show in IMAP box.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.