The following are the maximum file sizes you can store in Google Drive:
- Up to 1.02 million characters.
- If you convert a text document to Google Docs format, it can be up to 50 MB.
- Up to 10 million cells or 18,278 columns (column ZZZ) for spreadsheets that are created in or converted to Google Sheets.
- Up to 10 million cells or 18,278 columns for spreadsheets imported from Microsoft Excel. The limits are the same for Excel and CSV imports.
- When you convert a document from Excel to Google Sheets, any cell with more than 50,000 characters will be removed in Sheets.
- Up to 50,000 rows or 10 MB for pivot tables and extracts in Connected Sheets.
- Up to 100 MB for presentations converted to Google Slides.
Google Sites (new)
- Up to 15,000,000 characters per page.
- Up to 40,000,000 characters per site.
- Up to 10,000 pages per site.
- Up to 15,000 images per site.
All other files
- Up to 5 TB.
Supported file types
Any file type can be stored in Drive. These are the most common file types you can preview in Google Drive:
Important: The Google Drive preview is a scaled-down version of the complete file and may, when opened, appear slightly different.
- Archive files (.ZIP, .RAR, tar, gzip)
- Audio formats (MP3, MPEG, WAV, .ogg, .opus)
- Image files (.JPEG, .PNG, .GIF, .BMP, .TIFF, .SVG)
- Markup/Code (.CSS, .HTML, .PHP, .C, .CPP, .H, .HPP, .JS, .java, .py)
- Text files (.TXT)
- Video files (WebM, .MPEG4, .3GPP, .MOV, .AVI, .MPEGPS, .WMV, .FLV, .ogg)
- Autodesk AutoCad (.DXF)
- Illustrator (.AI)
- Photoshop (.PSD)
- Portable Document Format (.PDF)
- PostScript (.EPS, .PS)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (.SVG)
- Tagged Image File Format (.TIFF) - best with RGB .TIFF images
- TrueType (.TTF)
- Excel (.XLS and .XLSX)
- PowerPoint (.PPT and .PPTX)
- Word (.DOC and .DOCX)
- XML Paper Specification (.XPS)
- Password-protected Microsoft Office files
- Editor files (.key, .numbers)