For computers enrolled in Windows device management.
As an administrator, you can remotely sign a user out of their account on a Microsoft Windows 10 or 11 device enrolled in Windows device management. Signing out a user can protect your organization’s data when a Windows device is lost or stolen, or if the user forgot to sign out of their Google Account.
How user sign-out works
- When you remotely sign a user out from their device, they're signed out of their Google Account in the web browser, not from the Windows device itself.
- After you sign a user out of their Google Account, the next time they sign in to the device, they must enter their Google credentials in the Google sign-in screen for additional security. Learn more about signing in after a security event.
Sign a user out from their Google Account on a Windows device
Before you begin: Devices must be enrolled in Windows device management for this feature to be available. Learn more
Go to Menu DevicesOverview.
- Click Endpoints.
- Select the computers that you want to sign users out from.
- At the top left, click MoreSign Out User.
- Click Sign Out User to confirm.