If a Windows 10 device is lost or stolen, or if the user forgot to sign out of their Google Account, you can remotely sign a user out of their account on their device.
Before you begin
- When you remotely sign a user out from their device, they're signed out of their Google Account in the web browser, not from the Windows device itself.
- To ensure that a user is automatically signed out of their Windows device after a specific period of inactivity, you can create a custom setting with the Windows DeviceLock/MaxInactivityTimeDeviceLock policy and push it to their device. Learn more about custom settings.
- After you sign a user out of their Google Account, the next time they sign in to the device, they'll need to enter their Google credentials in the Google sign-in screen for additional security. Learn more about signing in after a security event.
Sign a user out from their Google Account on a Windows device
From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices.
- Click Endpoints.
- Select the computers that you want to sign users out from.
- At the top left, click More Sign Out User.
- Click Sign Out User to confirm.