If your organization stops using Google Voice as a part of Google Workspace, you can port the phone numbers from Voice to another service provider. To port out the numbers, get a PIN (or CVP code for Portuguese numbers) and initiate the port request with the receiving service provider.
Before you begin
- Don't cancel your Voice service until your new provider notifies you that the port is complete. Otherwise, the port request could be rejected.
- Some service providers, countries, or regions might require more information, such as your account ID or the primary location set for Voice. To see your primary location, in the Service management section of Google Voice, click Locations.
- For U.S. ports, Google validates the address. The address in the port request must match the primary location you set up in the Google Admin console. For details, see Add Voice locations.
Get a PIN or CVP for your port-out request
For U.S. and Canada numbers, you need a PIN. For numbers in Portugal, you need a CVP code.
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsGoogle WorkspaceGoogle VoiceService management.
- On the left, click Number porting.
- At the top of the Number porting page, click Port-out info.
In the Port-out info window, you will get one of two numbers:
- 10-digit PIN to validate requests of U.S. and Canada numbers
- 12-digit CVP code to validate requests of numbers in Portugal
- (Optional) To see the PIN or CVP code, click Preview .
- (Optional) To copy the PIN or CVP code, click Copy .
- (Optional) To change the PIN, click Edit and enter a new PIN.
The PIN must be 4–10 digits long.
Note: Changing the PIN might cause a port-out request that's in progress to be rejected.
- Click Close.