Here’s how to troubleshoot common problems you might have while configuring Google Calendar Resource Sync (GCRS).
Before you begin
Before you begin troubleshooting, make sure that:
- You meet all the system requirements and your servers are set up correctly. Learn more
- You have completed all of the installation steps. Learn more
If you continue to see issues, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Enable detailed event logging
Turn on detailed event logging to see event-level synchronization items including inserts, updates and cancellations. You can also view calendar conflicts for each resource.
To enable detailed event logging:
- In GCRS, click System Setup.
- In the Advanced tab, at Detailed event logging, check Enabled.
Note: To conserve space, the event log is purged of events more than 7 days old on a daily basis.
- Continue to step 2.
Step 2: Allow one sync cycle to complete
A synchronization runs automatically approximately every 5 minutes. Allow one synchronization cycle to complete.
You can check the event log to make sure the cycle is complete.
Continue to step 3.
Step 3: Export log database as structured text
Occasionally, you may need to provide copies of the GCRS log database to Google Workspace support for analysis. To export the GCRS log database as structured text:
- From the Open Log admin database menu option, open the GCRS log database.
Alternatively, log databases can also be opened directly from the HCL Notes client and Domino administrator by navigating to the GCRS installation in the migration folder.
- Select the documents in the log to be examined.
If you're not sure, select the entire log
- Click Export.
- Accept or change the output file path (the default path is c:\temp\export.txt) and click OK.
- The log documents are exported as structured text.
- To see the feeder logs, on the feeder's main page, click Open Log.
The option is only visible if Detailed logging has been enabled.
- Open the feeder log of each feeder and repeat steps 2 through 4 (naming each log accordingly).
If you're still experiencing issues with GCRS, contact Google Workspace support and include as much of the following information as possible:
- The name and email address of the affected resource on both systems.
- The event ID of at least one event that didn't sync.
- An export of the GCRS log database as structured text.
- List of steps that causes the issue.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.