Troubleshoot common GCRS issues
Here’s how to troubleshoot common problems you might have while configuring Google Calendar Resource Sync (GCRS).
Before you begin
Before you begin troubleshooting, make sure that:
- You meet all the system requirements and your servers are set up correctly. Learn more
- You have completed all of the installation steps. Learn more
If you continue to see issues, follow the troubleshooting steps below.Step 1: Enable detailed event logging
Turn on detailed event logging to see event-level synchronization items including inserts, updates and cancellations. You can also view calendar conflicts for each resource.
To enable detailed event logging:
- In GCRS, click System Setup.
- In the Advanced tab, at Detailed event logging, check Enabled.
Note: To conserve space, the event log is purged of events over 7 days old on a daily basis.
Continue to step 2.
A synchronization runs automatically approximately every 5 minutes. Allow one synchronization cycle to complete.
You can check the event log to make sure the cycle is complete.
Continue to step 3.
Occasionally, you may need to provide copies of the GCRS log database to G Suite support for analysis.
To export the GCRS log database as structured text:
- Open the GCRS log database from the Open Log admin database menu option.
Alternatively, log databases can also be opened directly from the IBM® Notes® client and Domino® administrator by navigating to the GCRS installation in the migration folder.
- Select the documents in the log to be examined. If you're not sure, select the entire log.
- Press the Export button.
- Accept or change the output file path and click OK.
The default value is c:\temp\export.txt.
- The log documents are exported as structured text.
- Open the feeder log of each feeder and repeat steps 2 through 4 (naming each log accordingly).
Feeder logs are opened from the Open Log button on the feeder's main page. This button is only visible if Detailed logging has been enabled.
If you're still experiencing issues with GCRS, contact G Suite support and include as much of the following information as possible:
- The name and email address of the affected resource on both systems.
- The event ID of at least one event that didn't sync.
- An export of the GCRS log database as structured text.
- List of steps that causes the issue.