Replacing legacy systems with Meet
When you change to Hangouts Meet from another videoconferencing system, you want to ensure a successful transition. To do this, you need to prepare and support your network and users so that they can successfully manage the change.
Prepare your network and hardware
To install and set up Hangouts Meet hardware or Chromebox for meetings for your company or group:
- Read your welcome email.
- Review the system and service requirements.
- Unpack the box and check that all components are there.
- Install the hardware.
- Connect the cables.
For more details, see Install your system.
Depending on your G Suite edition, you can customize Meet to help your users get the most out of their experience.
As a G Suite administrator, you can:
Support your users
- Know how to use Hangouts Meet.
- Be able to troubleshoot issues with video meetings and meeting rooms.
- Understand your users’ video meeting activity.
- Know what information to provide when contacting G Suite support.
Have your support team review the following resources:
Prepare your users for the change. You can hang posters, hand out guides, and send an email to help them with the switch.
For details, see Upgrade from classic Hangouts to Meet.