Set up a Help desk to support your Google Workspace users.
Set up support channels
Consider the following tools to create multiple ways for users to get help:
- An internal page to store all troubleshooting information
- Google Meet and Google Chat for video and chat support
- Google Groups for users and support staff to share tips and best practices
- Google Forms to create a place for users to submit support requests (on a website or in an email)
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- A station for in-person help (clearly post your hours of operation)
Tip: Use an internal ticket system to keep track of requests, support volumes, and time to resolution.
Train your support team
Use the following resources to prepare your support team to answer questions about G Suite:
- Google Cloud Connect Community—News, resources, launch announcements, product updates, and use cases
- Google Workspace Learning Center—Tips and Quick Start Guides for users
- Status Dashboard—Performance statuses for services such as Gmail
- Google Workspace updates blog—New feature announcements
- Fix a problem—Troubleshooting common issues
- Google Help—Links to Help Centers for many Google Workspace services
Process support requests
Consult our Help Centers for troubleshooting and support.
Contact Google for support
If you can't resolve the issue after searching our Help Centers, open a support case with Google. For details, see Contact Google Workspace support.
Note: Before you open a support case, collect the information the support team will need. For details, see Before you call Support: Gather key information.