How Google Voice billing works
Google Voice is billed through the Google Admin console. Your invoice shows monthly charges that you accrued. If you buy Google Voice from an authorized Google partner, you're billed and invoiced by them.
How numbers are charged
You can assign Google Voice users either a new or ported number. Your monthly charges include quotas for both new and ported numbers, each equal to your number of assigned Google Voice licenses. Based on your number of licenses and G Suite edition, we also include extra numbers for features, such as auto attendants. Numbers assigned beyond each quota will incur a monthly fee on a prorated basis.
Google won't charge for numbers over your quota until at least March 2020. If you have unassigned numbers you don't want, you'll be able to release those numbers before the date you start to incur a monthly fee.
View how many numbers you're using
You can review how many Google Voice numbers your organization is using, both included numbers and numbers that incur a monthly fee.
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteGoogle VoiceService Management.
- Click Numbers.
- At the top of the page, click the Show details link.
There are 3 Google Voice subscription options. One of these subscriptions is reflected on your invoice.
Google Voice Starter
Google Voice Standard
Google Voice Premier
View your transactions and invoice
From the Admin console Home page, go to Billing.
- Next to your Google Voice subscription, click Actions Access billing account.
You can see your current balance at the top of the Payments page.
- Under Transactions, click View transactions and documents to see details about charges and payments.
- (Optional) To get a copy of an invoice, click Print or Download .
Understand your transactions and invoice
Your Google Voice transactions and invoices are listed in the Billing section of the Admin console. The types of transactions listed help you understand your charges. Your invoice shows the monthly charges that you accrued. You may see more rates and fees, such as extra numbers and call charges. Your invoice might show charges for:
- Your Google Voice subscription (Starter, Standard, or Premier)
- Extra Google Voice numbers bought in addition to those included with your subscription
- Ported phone numbers in excess of the ported phone number that is included with each Google Voice license you buy
- Additional calling minutes and calls to paid destinations
- Taxes and regulatory fees, depending on your location
- Prorated plan fees for a partial month if you sign up in the middle of a contract period.
If your subscription has multiple locations, for example, a location in Germany and in the U.S., you'll get a single bill with the fees, taxes, and regulatory fees associated with all locations itemized on your invoice.
Pay your invoice
When you sign up for Google Voice, you also complete Billing setup. Failure to complete Billing setup can lead to inactivation of your account. After you’ve set up a payment method, Google processes your Google Voice payment automatically on the billing date. However, you can make manual payments or pay early.
Google Voice accepts payments in CAD, GBP, EUR, and USD. However, your payments are calculated in U.S. dollars. So depending on the exchange rate, your payment might vary from month to month, even if the number of users, phone numbers in use, and calls to paid destinations remain the same.