As an administrator, you can control who can add users and groups to Currents communities directly (without sending an invitation). To use this function, the user must be in the domain or organization that has Group for business turned on. You can allow all community owners and moderators to add users directly. Or, you can use the batch-add privilege to allow only specific admins to add users or groups directly. You don't have to be a member of the group to add it to the community.
Allow all owners or moderators to add users directly
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsGoogle WorkspaceCurrents.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Under Advanced settings, click Adding users directly.
- On the left, select an organizational unit or group. Otherwise, the setting applies to everyone.
- Check the allow box.
- Click Save. If you made changes to an organizational unit or group, you may have the option to Inherit/Override an organization or Unset a group.
Allow only admins with batch-add privilege to add users directly
You can create a custom admin role with the batch-add privilege. Then, apply that role to specific owners or moderators so they can batch-add users to communities.
- Follow the steps in Create a custom administrator role to create and name a custom role.
- On the Privileges tab (in the new custom admin role), expand ServicesCurrents.
- Check the Batch-add user groups to communities box.
- Follow the instructions to Assign the role to a user.