Use the Hangouts Meet touchscreen
When you create a meeting invitation using Google Calendar and add a specific meeting room, the meeting is displayed on the Hangouts Meet touchscreen in that room.
You can use the touchscreen to:
- Start and join meetings.
- Call a phone (calls to the U.S. and Canada only).
- View the list of meeting participants.
- Pin participants.
- Control the audio volume and the camera.
- Send feedback.
- Check settings.
To join a scheduled meeting, choose an option:
- Tap the meeting code (Hangouts Meet) or meeting name (classic Hangouts).
- Get the meeting code or name from the meeting invitation. Tap Use a meeting code and enter the meeting code or name. You will need to do this if the meeting has been marked private in Calendar or if the room you're using hasn't been added to the meeting invitation.
To join an unscheduled meeting:
- Tap Start a new meeting.
- Note the unique meeting code, dial-in number, and PIN.
- Share the joining information with the people you’re meeting.
- Tap Join.
- Create a video call name.
- Share the video call name with other participants.
- Tap Use a meeting code and enter the video call name.
- Tap Join.
To add someone to a video meeting in Hangouts Meet:
- Tap Add people .
- Enter the name of the person you want to invite.
- Tap Send invite.
- Your G Suite administrator must enable the Call a Phone feature in the Google Admin console. For more information, see Manage settings for Google meeting room hardware. Calls to emergency services are not supported.
- Your Meet hardware must be located in specific countries.
- Calls must be to the U.S. and Canada only.
Participants invited by phone will join as audio-only attendees. They will not have video and cannot share their screen.
To add someone by phone to a video meeting:
- Tap Add people .
- Tap Call .
- Enter the phone number for the person you want to call.
- (Optional) To enter additional numbers, such as an extension, find the phone number from the participant list tap Dial to open the keypad.
- To hang up, select the phone number from the participant list End call .
To invite a phone user:
- Tap Call a phone.
- Enter the phone number of the person you want to invite. You need to include any internal prefixes to access an outside phone line.
- Tap Call .
During a video call, you can view the list of participants in the meeting on the touchscreen. If you mute a participant, you can't unmute them. Pinning a participant means that they will always be shown on the display in the room, regardless of who is speaking.
In the participant list, tap a participant and then Mute , Pin , or Remove them.
Hangouts Meet—Tap View meeting details to view the meeting code, dial-in phone number, and pin code for the current meeting.
Classic Hangouts—Tap View meeting details On to allow anyone outside your organization with the link to request access to the call. You can then view the meeting link for the call. Your G Suite administrator must allow people outside of your organization to join the meeting.
You can use the display in the room to present content, such as slides, from your laptop computer using the green HDMI cable attached to the touchscreen.
If you’re not in a meeting and want to share content with people in the room:
- Tap Present to Room Only.
- Connect the HDMI cable to your device.
Note: If you start or join a meeting, your presentation will end.
To present using an HDMI cable while you’re in a meeting:
- Tap Present to meeting
- Connect the HDMI Cable to your device.
- Tap Present.
For more information, see Present to a video call.
Tap Present Camera to All to force the video feed from the room onto everyone else’s display.
- Drag the volume control to control the speaker volume in the room.
- Tap Turn off microphone to mute the room.
- Tap Turn on microphone to unmute the room.
- Tap Turn off camera to turn the room camera off.
- Tap Turn on camera to turn the room camera on.
- Tap Control camera to manually control the camera:
- Tap the Left arrow and Right arrow to pan left and right.
- Tap the Up arrow and Down arrow to tilt up and down.
- Tap Zoom in and Zoom out to zoom in and out.
- Tap Reset to recenter the camera.
Autozoom camera control (beta)
If 2 cameras are connected to the Hangouts Meet hardware, autozoom and manual Pan Tilt Zoom aren’t available.
You can set the Meet camera to automatically zoom in on all the meeting participants in a room. The camera doesn't zoom in on individual speakers. Seeing all the participants in the room up close makes it easier to:
- Read facial expressions and body language.
- Maintain eye contact.
- Smoothly take turns in the conversation.
Your G Suite administrator needs to turn on the autozoom feature before you can use it in a video meeting.
- Tap Control Camera Turn off to turn autozoom off and control the camera manually.
- Tap Control Camera Turn on to turn autozoom on.
Tap Settings to see the following options:
|Video||To select a camera, tap the Down arrow and select a camera from the list.|
Available to meeting organizers with G Suite Enterprise.
Your G Suite administrator needs to turn on recording in the Google Admin console before you can use it in a video meeting.
To record a meeting:
- Start the meeting.
- Tap Record meeting.
- Get consent from all participants and tap Start Recording.
- Tap Close to see the list of meeting participants.
- When the meeting is over, tap Stop recording and Stop recording to confirm. A link to the recording will be emailed to the meeting organizer.
- New chat messages are shown as notifications on the display (not on the touchscreen).
- Tap Chat to view a chat during the meeting.
- Tap Chat history to see the previous chat messages for the meeting on the display screen in the room. You can only see chat messages on the display. You can’t use the touchscreen to respond.
Tap Feedback to send feedback about your experience.