You can use the audit and investigation page to run searches related to Currents log events. There, you can view a record of actions to review Currents user activity with Currents log events. For example, you might want to review when a user creates or deletes a post.
For a full list of services and activities that you can investigate, such as Google Drive or user activity, read through the data sources for the audit and investigation page.
Open the audit and investigation page
- On the left, click ReportingAudit and investigationCurrents log events.
Filter the data
- Open the log events as described above in Access Currents log event data.
- Click Add a filter, and then select an attribute.
- In the pop-up window, select an operatorselect a valueclick Apply.
(Optional) To create multiple filters for your search:
- Click Add a filter and repeat step 3.
- (Optional) To add a search operator, above Add a filter, select AND or OR.
- Click Search.
Note: Using the Filter tab, you can include simple parameter and value pairs to filter the search results. You can also use the Condition builder tab, where the filters are represented as conditions with AND/OR operators.
For this data source, you can use the following attributes when searching log event data:
|Actor||Email address of the user who performed the action|
|Actor group name||
Group name of the actor. For more information, see Filtering results by Google Group.
To add a group to your filtering groups allowlist:
|Actor organizational unit||Organizational unit of the actor|
Type of attachment on a post or comment: Album, Google Drive Object, Link, Media, Poll, or Post
|Comment resource name||Unique identifier of the comment associated with the event|
|Date||Date and time the event occurred (displayed in your browser's default time zone)|
|Event||The logged event action, such as Comment deleted, Poll vote added, or Post created|
|Like context||Where a thumbs up was added or removed from, either post or comment|
|Post author name||Name of the post's author|
|Post permalink||Permalink to the currents post|
|Post resource name||Unique identifier of the post associated with the event|
|Post visibility||Visibility of the post associated with the event. One of the following:
Manage log event data
Manage search results column data
You can control which data columns appear in your search results.
- At the top-right of the search results table, click Manage columns .
- (Optional) To remove current columns, click Remove .
- (Optional) To add columns, next to Add new column, click the Down arrow and select the data column.
Repeat as needed.
- (Optional) To change the order of the columns, drag the data column names.
- Click Save.
Export search result data
- At the top of the search results table, click Export all.
- Enter a name click Export.
The export displays below the search results table under Export action results.
- To view the data, click the name of your export.
The export opens in Google Sheets.
Create reporting rules
When and how long is data available?
Go to Data retention and lag times.