You can share management of your organization’s Gmail service by assigning specific users limited administrative privileges. Because large organizations often receive thousands of emails, assigning limited admin privileges to some users to manage Gmail-related tasks helps balance the workload.
Gmail privileges you can assign
You can create a custom role with any or a combination of the following Gmail privileges:
- Settings. Set up email routing and content compliance rules and actions.
- Email log search. Track and audit email messages and investigate security issues.
- Access Admin Quarantine. Give users access to the Admin quarantine to manage email messages.
- Access restricted quarantine. Give users access to a restricted quarantine to manage email messages.
To assign administrator privileges to users:
Create a custom administrator role that includes the Gmail privileges you want to grant to a user.
- Assign the custom administrator role to one or more users.
- Save your results.
Verify admin privileges
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
After assigning a role, verify the user's privileges.
In the Admin console, go to Menu DirectoryUsers.
Click the user’s name to open their account page.
At the bottom of the user’s account page, click Show more.
Click Admin roles and privileges.
Access and manage emails in a quarantine
After you've set up users with admin quarantine privileges, they can sign in and manage the email messages in the quarantines associated with a group they're a member of.