As an administrator of your organization's Google Accounts, you can control who uses Google Voice. Just turn the service on or off for those users in your Google Admin console. To get a phone number for calls, text messages, and voicemail, users also need a Voice license .
Before you begin
- Your organization needs a Voice subscription.
- To turn the service on or off for a set of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit or an access group.
Control who uses Google Voice in your organization
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google services.
Click Google Voice.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
(Optional) To turn a service on or off for an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- To change the Service status, select On or Off.
- Choose one:
- If the Service status is set to Inherited and you want to keep the updated setting, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the Service status is set to Overridden, either click Inherit to revert to the same setting as its parent, or click Save to keep the new setting, even if the parent setting changes.
Note: Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details read Customize access to services using access groups.