Supported editions for this feature: Business Starter, Standard, and Plus; Enterprise; Education and Enterprise for Education; Nonprofits; G Suite Business; Essentials. Compare your edition
You can let your users work in some Google products with users outside of your business or school. For example, you can allow file sharing in Google Drive with an organization you trust by putting their domain on an allowlist. Users in trusted organizations can also share their files with your users.
For Classroom, you can add domains to your allowlist to let users in trusted domains join classes in your domain. You can also let your users join classes in the domains that you trust.
Before you begin
- You can only add a domain that uses Google Workspace.
- Confirm that the organization’s users have Google Workspace accounts.
- Currently, only Classroom, Drive, and Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides support domains on an allowlist.
- In the new Google Sites, users in the trusted domains can access the site, but can't use in-site search.
- You can set an allowlist by group or department, but the domain allowlist applies to your whole organization. There aren't separate allowlists for each organizational unit or group.
- Subdomains and domain aliases aren't included when you put a domain on an allowlist. Add these separately. For example, if you put the domain company.com on your allowlist and they acquire newcompany.com, you need to put newcompany.com on your allowlist to grant access to that organization.
Step 1: Add or remove a domain on your allowlist
From the Admin console Home page, go to Domains.
Click Whitelisted domains and choose an option:
To add a domain, click Add new. Enter the name of the domain and click Add Domain to Whitelist.
If you share with users who have an account at a subdomain or domain alias, add that domain as well. For example, add sales.solarmora.com to the allowlist.
To remove a domain, point to the name of the domainclick RemoveRemove From Whitelist.
(Recommended) To confirm that the domain is a Google Workspace trusted domain, check the allowlist in the sharing settings for Drive.
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteDrive and Docs.
Click Sharing settingsSharing optionsView configured whitelisted domains.
Domains that aren't trusted Google Workspace domains have the label Incompatible.
Step 2: Give sharing access to domains on your allowlist
- Go to Set sharing permissions to give sharing access in Drive.
- If you use Classroom, go to Grant file sharing access for domains on your allowlist.