Renew an expired domain registration
If you buy a domain through Google and don’t renew your domain registration before it expires, some Google Cloud services, such as Gmail, will stop working. You also risk losing ownership of the domain.
Your domain will expire if you don't have the domain set to autorenew in your Admin console or if your automatic payment fails.
We can't guarantee that you can renew an expired domain purchased through Google. It depends on whether the domain is still available from your domain host. In any case, try to renew the domain right away. The longer you wait, the less likely that you'll be able to renew. As a general rule, you should renew within 3 days of the official renewal date to increase the chances that you can renew successfully.
Check your renewal settings
From the Admin console Home page, go to Billing.
- Next to your Domain Registration subscription, click the Down arrow .
- In the expanded section, if Renewal options is not set to auto-renew, click change and select the Auto-Renew option to turn on autorenewals.
- Next to your Domain Registration subscription, click Actions Access billing account.
- Under How you pay, click Manage payment methods.
- Make sure your primary payment method is valid and up to date. If it isn't, take one of these actions:
After you turn on autorenewal and fix your payment method, we'll try to renew your domain. If we succeed, your Domain Registration billing subscription will be marked Active and your Google services will resume. We'll also charge your payment method for the renewal at the beginning of the following month.
If renewal does not work
If we cannot renew your domain with your host, we'll cancel your Domain Registration subscription in your Admin console. You'll still be able to access your billing account from the Billing page.
If your domain it still available, you can try to renew it directly with your domain host. Do this by signing in to your domain's account with your host (not with Google). Follow the instructions at Access your G Suite domain settings.
Still need help? Contact G Suite support.