Renew an expired domain registration
If you purchase a domain through Google and don’t renew your domain registration before it expires, some Google Cloud services like Gmail might stop working. You also risk losing ownership of the domain. Your domain will expire if you don't have the domain set to auto-renew in your Admin console or if your automatic payment fails.
Note: We can't guarantee that you can renew an expired domain purchased through Google. It depends on whether the domain is still available from your domain host. In any case, try to renew the domain right away. The longer you wait, the less likely you'll be able to renew. As a general rule, you should renew within 19 days of the official renewal date to increase the chances that you can renew successfully.
Try to renew your domain
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to Billing.
- Next to your Domain Registration subscription, click the Down arrow .
- In the expanded section, if Renewal options isn't set to auto-renew, click change and select the Auto-Renew option.
- Next to your Domain Registration subscription, click Actions Access billing account.
- Under How you pay, click Manage payment methods.
- Make sure your primary payment method is valid and up to date. If it isn't, do one of the following:
Once you turn on auto-renewal and fix your payment method, we'll try to renew your domain. If we succeed, your Domain Registration billing subscription will be marked Active and your Google services will resume. We'll also charge your payment method for the renewal at the beginning of the following month.
What if my renewal doesn't work? If we can't renew your domain with your host, we'll cancel your Domain Registration subscription in your Admin console. You'll still be able to access your billing account from the Billing page. You can still try to renew your domain directly with your domain host, if the domain is still available. Do this by signing in to your domain's account with your host (not with Google). Follow the instructions at Access DNS records from a partner host.
Still need help? Contact G Suite support .