Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, Drive Enterprise, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact G Suite support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your G Suite subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
If you already signed up for G Suite but didn't complete the setup process, you can pick up where you left off.
At the top of the Admin console Home page, click Click here to continue setting up the Admin Console.
Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record. You can also click Switch verification method if you need to use another method.
Click Copy to copy your unique verification record.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain, click here to open the Hover® site in a new tab. The Admin Console remains open in the first tab.
- In the top right of the Hover site, click Sign In.
- Enter the username and password that you created when you purchased your domain from Hover, and click Sign In.
- In the hover site, if you have multiple domain names, select the domain name you want to verify for your Google service to get to the Domain Details page. In this example, we'll use the domain yourcompany.com, but you'll see your own domain name instead.
- Click the DNS tab.
- Click Add New to create a new DNS TXT record.
Adding this TXT record won't affect your email or website.
- Leave the Hostname field empty.
- From the Record Type drop-down list, select TXT.
- Paste the entire verification code in the Value field.
- Click Save to save your new TXT record.
Your page will refresh, and you’ll see the TXT record listed in your DNS records table.
Note: The change may take up to 24 hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the Google Suite Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for your new TXT record to verify your domain.
Return to the Admin console. If necessary, click the link at the top of the page to continue setting up the Admin Console.
Navigate to the Verify your domain page.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Verify my domain.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Admin console and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.