About the data migration service
If you have a large number of users, we recommend using the data migration service to migrate your users' mail, contacts, and calendars to G Suite. The setup is simple, and most mail server connections can be made automatically.
You control everything in the Google Admin console—you don't have to install an application.
Is the data migration service right for my migration?
- Your legacy environment is supported.
- You want to use a migration tool that doesn't require high-level IT skills or complex programming.
- You don't want to install a migration tool. You prefer to use a tool that runs in the cloud.
- Your migration needs are simple: you only need to migrate from a single source server.
- You can migrate email, calendar, and contacts individually in separate migrations.
- Your troubleshooting requirements are simple, and you don't need detailed logs.
If the data migration service doesn't suit your migration needs, check out another migration tool.Where can I migrate from?
- Microsoft® Exchange servers that support Exchange Web Services (EWS), specifically Office 365, Exchange 2013, Exchange 2010, or Exchange 2007 (to migrate emails, contacts, and calendars).
- IMAP servers, including Gmail, Exchange 2003 and earlier, and webmail providers, such as Yahoo!® (to migrate emails).
- Email messages, labels, and folders, including email from a Gmail account
- Calendar events and resources
Note: In a single migration, you can migrate emails, contacts, or calendars but you can't migrate 2 or more of these at the same time. You can migrate them in separate migrations.