Turn Calendar on or off for users
If you have Drive Enterprise edition, upgrade to G Suite Enterprise to get this service.
As a G Suite administrator, you can control who in your organization uses Google Calendar from their account. Just turn Calendar on or off for those people in your Google Admin console. People who have Calendar turned on can use it to manage and share schedules from their account.To receive and process external Calendar invites, make sure the Gmail service is turned on. Also, if you aren't using Gmail as your primary email system, Calendar can only process external calendar invites that are forwarded from the primary email system to Gmail.
To control who uses Calendar in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for certain users: Put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or put them in an access group (to control access for users across or within departments).
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteCalendar.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To turn on or off a service only for users in an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- To keep the service turned on or off even when the service is turned on or off for the parent organizational unit, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.
Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, see How changes propagate to Google services.
After turning on Calendar: Set sharing permissions
- Control who can access G Suite and Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services