Turn Calendar on or off for users
As a G Suite administrator, you can control who in your organization uses Google Calendar from their account. Just turn Calendar on or off for those people in your Google Admin console. People who have Calendar turned on can use it to manage and share schedules from their account.To receive and process external Calendar invites, make sure the Gmail service is turned on. Also, if you aren't using Gmail as your primary email system, Calendar can only process external calendar invites that are forwarded from the primary email system to Gmail.
To control who uses Calendar in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for select groups of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteCalendar.
At the top of the gray box, click More and choose:
- On for everyone to turn on the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- Off to turn off the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- On for some organizations to change the setting only for some users.
If you chose On for some organizations:
- In the left panel, select Settings for specific organizational units.
- Select the organization that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- Select On or Off to change the setting.
- Click Override to keep the setting the same, even if the parent setting changes.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about the organizational structure.
After turning on Calendar: Set sharing permissions
- Control who can access Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services