Turn Calendar on or off for users
As a G Suite administrator, you can control who in your organization uses Google Calendar from their account. Just turn Calendar on or off for those people in your Google Admin console. People who have Calendar turned on can use it to manage and share schedules from their account.To receive and process external Calendar invites, make sure the Gmail service is turned on. Also, if you aren't using Gmail as your primary email system, Calendar can only process external calendar invites that are forwarded from the primary email system to Gmail.
To control who uses Calendar in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for select groups of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteCalendar.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
At the left, the top-level organization and any organizational units appear.
To apply settings to individual organizational units, do the following:
- At the left, select the organizational unit that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- Select On or Off to change the setting.
- Click Override to keep the setting the same, even if the parent setting changes.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about the organizational structure.
Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, see Admin console settings don't update.
After turning on Calendar: Set sharing permissions
- Control who can access Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services