Turn Calendar on or off for users
If you have Drive Enterprise edition, upgrade to G Suite Enterprise to get this service.
As a G Suite administrator, you can control who in your organization uses Google Calendar from their account. Just turn Calendar on or off for those people in your Google Admin console. People who have Calendar turned on can use it to manage and share schedules from their account.To receive and process external Calendar invites, make sure the Gmail service is turned on. Also, if you aren't using Gmail as your primary email system, Calendar can only process external calendar invites that are forwarded from the primary email system to Gmail.
To control who uses Calendar in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for a set of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteCalendar.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
To apply settings to individual organizational units, do the following:
- At the left, select the organizational unit that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- To change the setting, select On or Off.
- To keep the setting the same, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about the organizational structure.
Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, see Admin console settings don't update.
If you manage a large number of users or sync your LDAP directoryYou can use access groups to turn on a service for specific users within an organizational unit. You turn off the service for the organization, and then add the users to an access group that has the service turned on. This lets you give users access to services without making changes to your organizational structure. Learn about access groups.
After turning on Calendar: Set sharing permissions
- Control who can access G Suite and Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services