Monitor usage and security with reports
The Admin console reports and logs make it easy to examine potential security risks, measure user collaboration, track who signs in and when, analyze administrator activity, and much more. The reports have interactive graphics and tables that show broad, domain-level data alongside granular, user-level details. Hover your cursor over graphics to see specific data, set filters to adjust the scope of the data each report covers, and click table cells to see accompanying graphical representations. In most cases, you can also customize the data columns in each table.
The Admin console reports and logs are organized as follows:
See overviews of key metrics and trends in your G Suite domain, including app usage, users status, file visibility, and security.
Assess your domain's overall exposure to data breach, and discover which particular users pose security risks by eschewing 2-step verification, installing external apps, or sharing documents indiscriminately.
- Apps Usage Activity
See how your organization uses G Suite over a specific period by examining email activity, the number of spreadsheets created, the number of files shared, and more.
- Account Activity
Access all the data from the Security, Apps Usage Activity, and Highlights pages in a single master report.
View logs of various activity, including admin activity, Drive audit logs, Mobile audit, Marketplace App logins, and email metadata.
You can also monitor alerts of various user activity and settings critical events that affect your domain, such as Suspicious login activity, User's password changed, Mobile settings changed, Drive settings changed, and more at the Manage alerts link.
To access the reports and logs, sign in to your Google Admin console and click Reports. If you don't see the Reports icon, click More Controls and drag the Reports icon to your dashboard.
- Historical data—The reports show historical data generated for the last 7 days, the last month, the last 3 months, or the last 6 months. Use the pulldown menu on the Reports > Highlights page to set this range.
- Date options—The date in the top-right toolbar on the Reports > Highlights page indicates the most recent day for which report data is available.
- The Down arrow next to the date opens a calendar you can use to select another day to use. The latest date for which all data are present has a green background.
- You can select another date beyond the full data date, but any later date you choose may have partial data and may only show a subset of the expected reports.
- Data retention—There are specific data retention times for collected data depending on the particular report.
- Data lag—Keep in mind reports do not reflect real-time data, and some reports may take longer to display updated information. There are specific lag times before collected data is available.