Available reports and log events depend on your Google Workspace or Cloud Identity edition
As an administrator, you can view reports and log events in the Google Admin console to review activity in your organization. For example, you can:
- Examine potential security risks
- Analyze your team's use of collaboration
- Diagnose configuration problems
- Track who signs in and when
- Analyze administrator activity
- Understand how users create and share content
You can view domain-level data alongside granular, user-level details through graphs and tables.
Types of Admin console reports
The Reporting section of the Google Admin console includes the following types of reports:
- Highlights reports—Gives you an overview of trends and key metrics of in your organization. This includes your team’s use of Google Workspace services, document visibility for files in Drive, storage space, file sharing activity, and basic security metrics.
- Apps reports on your whole organization—A series of charts and graphs that display information about all users and admins in your domains. This includes an overview of trends and administrative information.
- User reports: Accounts—Offers a master report of the highlights of security and apps usage activity information, which you can use with the audit logs.
- User reports: Apps usage—Gives you more information about your organization's Gmail and Drive usage, like types of email activity, the number of docs created and shared, and how much Drive storage each team member is using.
- User reports: Security—Lets you assess your domain's overall exposure to data breach and lets you see if your team is using 2-Step Verification, who’s installing third-party apps on their mobile devices, if documents are being shared outside your domain, and more.
- Audit and investigation—Gives you information about specific events, like administrator activity, mobile activity, and more.