Move a Google Site to your work account
To move a personal site into the Google Apps account you use for work or school:
- Review the requirements.
- Share the site with your Google Apps for Work account.
- Log into your Google Apps for Work account and copy the shared site.
Review the following for more information.
The original site must be created using Google Sites, and the owner must have shared the site with you.
- If the existing web site was set up using a tool other than Google Sites, you can't transfer it directly to Google Apps for Work.
- Source website files cannot be directly uploaded for web hosting. You must recreate your web pages using Google Sites to add the site to Google Apps for Work.
Tip: To create an external website for your customers and partners, use one of our website builder partners.
Note: Google Page Creator is no longer available as part of Apps. We recommend that you use Sites to create your web pages.
Copy a Google site
- Make sure the site has been shared with you.
- Click the Gear menu and select Manage site.
- Near the middle of the page, click Copy this Site.
- Enter the name for the new site in the Site name box.
- Turn the options on or off:
- Include Revisions: Revision history is not automatically transferred to the duplicate site. Turn on this option to copy revision history to the new site.
- Copy Site Collaborators: The new site keeps the existing site's sharing settings by default. Turn off this option to reset the sharing settings.
- Copy Page Comments: Turn off this option to prevent page comments from being copied to the duplicate site.
- Click Copy.