This article is for G Suite administrators. To manage your own groups, visit the Google Groups help.
This feature requires turning on Google Groups for Business and using classic Groups.
As a G Suite Groups administrator, you can set up auto replies for your groups. Auto replies are messages sent automatically when people email the group. These replies let senders know their messages have been received, which is especially useful for groups such as support forums.
You can set up different auto replies for different types of users.
Set up auto replies
- Sign in to Google Groups.
- If you're using new Groups, temporarily go back to classic Groups:
- In the top right, click Settings .
- Click Return to classic Google Groups.
- Click My groups.
- Click the name of a group.
- In the left panel, go to Group settingsEmail options.
- In the Auto replies section, select the boxes next to the replies you want to turn on, then enter a message.
You can set up separate auto replies for internal and external members and non-members.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) For groups that have email aliases: If you want auto replies to be sent from the group's email alias, create a separate group with the alias as the primary email address. Otherwise, messages sent to a group's email alias receive replies from the group's primary email address: PrimaryGroupAddressemail@example.com.