Reset your administrator password
If you're an administrator of a Google for Work account and you forgot your password or are having trouble signing in to your account, here's what you can do to access your account:
To change your administrator password:
- Go to admin.google.com.
- If you don't know your username, click Need help? then follow the instructions for accessing your account either at your recovery email address or phone number. What if phone and email options aren't available?
Phone and email options aren't available if:
- You haven't added recovery information to your administrator account. If you were granted administrator privileges by another administrator, you probably need to tell us your phone and email contact information. See Add recovery options to your administrator account.
- Your Google for Work account has more than 3 super administrators or 500 users.
When phone and email options aren't available:
- Ask another administrator to reset your password using the Google Admin console.
- Use the domain verification method if this option is presented.
- If you don’t know your password, enter either your username or the email address you use to sign in to Google, and then click Next. Click Forgot password? below the Sign-in button, and follow the instructions that appear.
- If you're having other problems signing in, enter the email address you use to sign in to Google. This can be your Gmail address, your Google Apps email address, or another email address associated with your account. Then follow the instructions that appear onscreen.
For other issues signing in, see Problems signing in to your account.
See our password selection tips for advice on choosing a strong password.