Applies to editions of Google Workspace and other paid subscriptions in your Google Admin console.
Your payment plan determines how you add more user licenses for a Google service:
- Flexible Plan—You don’t need to buy more user licenses, simply add the new users. You automatically get a license for each user you add. For paid services, you're charged for the new users in your next monthly payment.
- Annual Plan—If you assign all your user licenses, you can easily buy more. We increase your monthly payment to cover the new licenses.
You might not be able to add more licenses if:
- You’re in a free trial for Google Workspace or Cloud Identity Premium.
- You have Business Starter, Standard, or Plus and have reached the limit of 300 users.
Add user licenses on the Annual Plan
On the Admin console Home page, go to BillingManage subscriptions.
- Click your subscription.
- In the expanded section, next to the number of licenses you currently have, click Purchase more.
- Enter the number of additional licenses you want to buy and click Continue.
Enter the number of additional licenses you need (not the total). If you have 50 licenses and need 25 more, enter 25.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and click Continue.
It can take up to 48 hours for new licenses to become available.
Important: Annual Plan direct customers can buy licenses any time. But you can’t remove licenses to lower your monthly payments until it’s time to renew your annual contract.