If you have the legacy free edition of G Suite, upgrade to Google Workspace to get this feature.
Before you begin with Password Sync, make sure you meet the system requirements. Then, set up your domain controllers.
You're on step 1 of 6
To use Password Sync, you need:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, or later
Windows Server Core installations are supported, but they require installation and configuration from the command line. For details, go to Install & configure Password Sync from the command line.
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) is not supported.
You need to install Password Sync on all domain controllers. Domain controllers must also run supported versions of Windows Server (the version of the Active Directory schema and its functional level are unimportant).
Make sure the domain controllers have access to the correct URLs and ports:
- Go to Set up a Google Workspace host name allowlist.
- Complete Step 1 to open the connectivity ports.
- For Step 2, allow the URLs for top-level URLs.
- Complete Step 3 and Step 4 to review Google IP address ranges and allow checks.
Step 3: Create managed Google Accounts for your users
For information on ways to add user accounts, visit Options for adding users.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.