Use Email Log Search to review email delivery logs and evaluate message delivery for your organization. Email Log Search helps you find missing messages, for example messages sent to spam or routed incorrectly. You can also use Email Log Search to:
- Determine message IP addresses.
- Troubleshoot how policies affect mail flow.
- Check the status of a message after it has been delivered to a user's Gmail mailbox. This includes message labels, message location, and if the message is deleted.
Note: Email Log Search isn't available to resellers with a resold domain Admin console using the reseller console.
How do I start using the tool?
Refer to these articles for more information on using Email Log Search.
|Find messages with Email Log Search||Steps for using Email Log Search.|
|View Email Log Search result details||Detailed description of Email Log Search output.|
|Interpret Email Log Search results||Recommendations on using search results to investigate delivery issues.|
|Post-delivery message status||Examine the post-delivery message state.|
What messages appear in search results?
- Messages sent from 1 hour ago to the past 7 days, or for a date range you specify in the past 30 days.
Note: Search results for messages older than 30 days show only post-delivery message details.
- Post-delivery message details don't expire, and are permanently stored.
- Messages to or from any user in your organization.
- Messages sent to a group in Google Groups and other mailing lists that include your users.
What search criteria can I use?
- A specific date and time range. When you search for messages older than 30 days, you must enter message ID and recipient address.
- A particular envelope sender or recipient. Enter a full or partial email address, or just the domain.
- A particular sender or recipient IP address.
- A specific message ID.