Move users to an organizational unit
Each user in your Google Admin console belongs to an organizational unit that determines which features and services the user can access. By default, all users belong to your account's top-level organization. But you can move a user to a suborganization you create. The user can then access the features and services available to that suborganization.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Users.
- If necessary, click at the upper left of the Users list to see the organizational tree.
- Click the organization the users are in now. Users who haven't been moved are in the top-level organization.
Tip: If you're not sure which organization a user belongs to, go to the user's profile page, instead.
- (Skip this step if you went to the user's profile page.)
- To move a single user, find the user in the Users list.Then check the box for the user.
- To move multiple users, check the box for each user you want to move in the Users list.
- At the top, click Change organizational unit .
- Choose the new organization from the dialog box, and then click Continue.
- In the confirmation message, review the information about moving the users to a different organization.
- Click Change.