You can customize many service settings in the Google Admin console for different users in your account. For example, you can let only your sales department publish Google Drive files on the web. To do this, place everyone in the sales department in their own organizational unit. Then turn on publishing permissions just for that organizational unit.
Change settings for organizational units
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
- Add an organizational unit for the users whose settings you want to change.
- Move users to the organizational unit.
- Go to the settings page for the service.
- Click a section to open the service settings you want to change.
If the settings can be applied to different organizational units, your organization tree opens to the left.
- In the organization tree, select the organizational unit that contains your users. Initially, an organizational unit inherits the settings of its parent. You, therefore, only need to change the settings that you want to customize.
Change your settings:
- To override an inherited value, change the setting. The text under the setting changes to Overridden.
- To return an overridden setting to its inherited value, click Inherit.
- Click Save.
Changes can take up to 24 hours but typically happen more quickly. Learn more