Move users to an organizational unit
Each user in your Google Admin console belongs to an organizational unit that determines which features and services he or she has access to. By default, all users belong to your account's top-level organization. But you can move a user to suborganizations you create. The user then has access to the features and services available to that suborganization.
To move users to another organizational unit:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Users.
- If necessary, click to see your organizational tree.
- In the tree, highlight the organizational unit the users currently belong to. If users haven't been assigned to a specific organizational unit, their accounts are in the top-level organization.
If you're not sure which organizational unit a user belongs to, go to the user's profile page, instead.
- (Skip this step if you went to the user's profile page.)
- To move a single user, select by clicking the image next to the name.
- To move multiple users, select the first user in the list of users you want to add, hold down SHIFT, then select the last user.
- Click .
- Choose the new organizational unit from the dialog box or click Create New.
A notification indicates the user or users moved to the organization.
Next steps: Apply policies to the organizational unit