Move a user to an organizational unit
Each user in your Google for Work account belongs to an organizational unit that determines which features and services he or she has access to. By default, all users belong to your account's top-level organization. But you can move a user to suborganizations you create. The user then has access to the features and services available to that suborganization.
To move a user to another organizational unit:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Users.
- If necessary, click to see your organizational tree.
- In the tree, highlight the organizational unit the user currently belongs to. If the user hasn't ever been assigned to a specific organizational unit, their account is in the top-level organization.
If you're not sure which organizational unit the user belongs to, go to the user's profile page, instead.
- Check the box next to the name of the user you want to move. (Skip this step if you went to the user's profile page.)
- Click .
- Choose the new organizational unit from the dialog box and save your change.
Next steps: Apply policies to the organizational unit