Manage your business's mobile devices
As a Google Apps for Work administrator, you can manage Android and Apple® iOS® mobile devices. You can also manage Microsoft® Windows® Phones®, smartphones, and tablets that use Microsoft Exchange® ActiveSync®.
- Manage mobile devices from anywhere.
- Use your Admin console, or use the Admin app for Android and iOS devices.
- Keep mobile device data secure with a comprehensive set of policy settings.
- Recommend and make available preferred business applications.
- Individually approve devices for active management, or allow them to activate automatically to complete the enrollment process.
- Instantly push policies (such as Wi-Fi and email configurations, including server-side certificates) to devices.
- For Android devices that your users own, you can allow the addition of work accounts. (Personal and corporate data on these devices aren't kept separate.)
- As an alternative, you can contain your business content within a work profileon the user's device. You can manage the applications and data in the work profile without worrying about the user's personal space.
- For Android devices that your business owns, you control the entire device.
- Allow or disallow personal accounts.
- Restrict mobile network, Wi-Fi, or VPN changes with device lockdowns.
- Limit sharing by controlling USB transfer, screen capture, and the SD card.
- Use application management to restrict sideloading or location sharing with apps.
- Avoid misuse of the company owned devices by having factory reset protection.
For iOS devices, in addition to management, you can:
- Apply policies for calendars and contacts.
- Control iCloud® backup and sync.
- Turn on backup encryption.
- Apply core device management controls, such as account wipe, encryption, and screen lock.
- Keep work data secure through integration with Google Apps, such as Gmail, Drive, Calendar, and Hangouts.
- Establish the trusted connection for managing iOS mobile devices through an Apple Push Certificate.
Let your device users know they can install preferred business apps from the whitelist you create.
- You can whitelist Android apps hosted at Google Play for Work.
- You can whitelist iOS apps hosted at the Apple App store, and users can obtain them through the Device Policy profile automatically installed for their iOS devices.
For Android mobile device management, add Android for Work to separate business apps from personal apps. This way, employees can use their favorite Android device for both work and play. You can subscribe (at no extra cost) when you have a Google Apps for Work account. (Learn more here about Android for Work.)
Your employees enroll themselves in mobile device management. They add a work account to their devices. The account uses a synchronization process over the Internet (Android Sync, iOS Sync, or Google Sync) to connect with your business. This keeps data everywhere up to date.
After enrollment, you can:
- Directly view device activity from the Admin console or your Admin app.
- Use reports to get the big picture, and use audit logs to drill down into individual event details.
- Respond quickly to any device activity that indicates policy noncompliance, with a range of actions, from blocking an account to removing the account from the device.
Get started now
Get started by Setting up mobile devices for management.
Finish with all mobile devices under secure, effective management control.
This feature is not available in the legacy free edition of Google Apps.