This article is for G Suite administrators. To manage your own groups, visit the Google Groups help.
Using Google Groups, you can share content with multiple people via a single email address. For example, you could create a group with the email address marketing-team@your_domain.com and add several members. You could then use the group's email address to share a document with everyone in the group.
If you share content with a group that contains another group, the subgroup, or child group, members have the same access to the content as the parent group members. If you remove members from a group, they lose access to content shared with the group. Learn more about subgroups or child groups.
If you add members later
Members you add to the group later can immediately access previously shared content via document URLs. However, previously shared content doesn't automatically appear in new members' Shared with Me view in Google Drive. For documents to appear in Shared with Me, you need to reshare them with the group, or share the documents with new members individually.
Sharing outside your organization
As a G Suite administrator, you can prevent the sharing of content with group members outside your organization. If external sharing is prohibited, only group members who are in your organization can access the group's shared content. Learn more about sharing settings.
Share content with a groupShare a document
- Create a document in Google Drive, or open an existing document. Learn more
- In the document, click Share.
- In the Invite people field, enter the group's address.
- Select the level of access you want to provide the group: Can edit, Can comment, or Can view.
- Click Done.
- Open your website in Google Sites.
- In the top right, click Share.
- Go to Invite people, enter the group name, and click Send.
- Open your Google Calendar. Learn more
- In the upper right, click SettingsSettings.
- Under Settings for my calendars, click the calendar you want to share.
- Click Share with specific people, then click Add people.
- Enter the email address of the group that includes Google Calendar users.
- Click the Permissions Settings Down arrow, then the level of access you want to give the group.
- Click Send.
Each group member receives a sharing invitation. Members must click link in the invitation to view your calendar. Because this link works only for group members, you can safely post it on websites or send it in other email messages.
If your group includes people who don't use Google Calendar, you can share your calendar publicly.