Freeparking: Verify your domain
Tip: For convenience, expand the steps in this article and print it to refer to as you go through the verification process.
After you verify that you own your domain, you can start using your Google service, such as G Suite, Drive Enterprise, or Cloud Identity. If you have G Suite, you can start using Gmail, Google Drive, and all the other services included with your G Suite account.
You get the verification record in the Setup Wizard when you sign up.
Not in the Setup Wizard? Go to Find the G Suite Setup Wizard to find the verification record. Copy your unique verification record, return to this article, and go to Step 2: Sign in to your domain host.
On the Verify your domain and set up email page, click Choose a different method and select Add a domain host record.
- From the Value/Answer/Destination field, copy the entire unique verification record.
Tip: If you need a CNAME record instead of a TXT record, in the Add a new TXT record to your domain step in the Setup Wizard, click add a CNAME record. You'll copy and paste both parts of this record into your domain's DNS records.
- In the Setup Wizard, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Setup Wizard doesn’t provide a link to your domain, open the Freeparking® site in a new tab. Keep the Setup Wizard open in the first tab.
- Enter the username and password you created when you purchased your domain from Freeparking.
- Click Log In.
If you don’t know your account information, you can reset your password.
- Select the domain name you need to verify ownership of for G Suite.
- Click Service Management.
- Under Name Server Records, click Modify.
- Click Advanced View, scroll to the end of the records table, and click Add another record to add a TXT record.
- In the Host Name field, enter your domain name in the format (such as yourdomain.com).
- From the Record Type menu, select Descriptive (TXT).
- In the Data field, paste the entire verification record that you copied in Step 1.
- At the bottom of the page, click Continue to proceed to the next page and then save the new TXT record.
Note: This change can take up to 72 hours to update. However, as you go through the next steps in the Setup Wizard, the wizard immediately starts checking for the new verification record to verify your domain.
- Return to the Setup Wizard.
- Check the I saved the verification record box or click Verify.
- If you’re a G Suite customer, go to Next steps to set up Gmail.
G Suite: Next steps
Now it’s time to set up Gmail with your G Suite account.
- Keep the Setup Wizard and your domain host pages open.
- In a separate browser tab or window, follow the instructions to set up Gmail (MX records) with your host.