If you have the legacy free edition of G Suite, upgrade to Google Workspace to get this feature.
You are not required to enter your age or a birthday when using Currents. However, Google Workspace accounts without an age are considered under age by default, and face additional security measures such as,
- Not being able to read age restricted posts
- Warning messages when making a post or changing a permission setting that targets wider audiences, like an entire domain
You can prevent this issue by manually adding the user’s birthday to their account if it was suspended due to age, or by having your user update their birthday on their About Me page if birthday editability is enabled. To learn more read, Let Directory users change their profile information.
Add age to a suspended Currents account
To correct a user’s age and recover a suspended account:
- Find the user’s account and open it.
- Click Update user's birthdate.
- Enter the user's correct birthday and check the box to verify the new date.
- Click Submit.