Use Google Workspace Migration for HCL Notes (GWMHN) to migrate mail, calendar, contacts, and group information from your HCL Notes account to Google Workspace.
Use GWMHN to...
- Run unattended migrations.
- Easily view notifications, reporting, and logging.
- Maintain high data integrity for the migration of mail, calendar, and contact information from HCL Notes to Google Workspace.
You can migrate mail first, then calendar, contacts, and group data.
GWMHN is intended for Google Workspace administrators. A thorough understanding of HCL Notes administration is required.
Important: Google does not provide technical support for setting up mail servers, databases, or other third-party products.
- A G Suite or Google Workspace edition
- A Google Workspace super administrator account
- A Google Workspace service account to authenticate the HCL Domino server
To install and run GWMHN, you need Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 or later. Older versions of Windows Server might work, but check whether you need to update the XML services to Core XML Services 6 level. Consult your Microsoft documentation if you need to update.
HCL Notes & Domino
- A HCL Domino server 6.5 or later to migrate data (mail files can reside on any operating system that supports HCL Notes)
- A single HCL Notes client with Domino Administrator
- Administrator access through a trusted user or server ID to the mail files that you want to migrate
Get ready & install GWMHN
- In Google Workspace, manually add your:
- Click the button to download the GWMHN zip file:
- Open the file to install GWMHN.
The GWMHN app is added to the Google Admin console allowlist as a third-party app.
To troubleshoot, go to Why do I get the warning message "This app is blocked" during setup?
About smart features & personalization
Before you migrate data, you need to decide if smart features in Gmail and Google Chat and Meet as well as personalization features in other Google products can use data from Gmail, Chat, and Meet. For certain features to work, such as autosorting in Gmail, you must turn on smart features and personalization in the target account before you migrate data.
Learn more about turning on smart features and personalization.
- GWMHN release notes
- GWMHN admin guide (English only)
- Share availability with HCL Notes (let your users share availability information between Google Calendar and Notes)
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.