Use Google Workspace Migration for HCL Notes (GWMHN) to migrate mail, calendar, contacts, and group information from your HCL Notes account to Google Workspace.
Use GWMHN to...
- Run unattended migrations.
- Provision Google Workspace accounts, calendar resources, and groups.
- Easily view notifications, reporting, and logging.
- Maintain high data integrity for the migration of mail, calendar, and contact information from HCL Notes to Google Workspace.
To let your users share availability information between Google Calendar and Notes, you can also check out Connecting Calendar & Notes with GCCHN.
This article is intended for administrators who are responsible for the installation and management of GWMHN. A thorough understanding of HCL Notes administration is required.
Note: Google does not provide technical support for setting up mail servers, databases, or other third-party products.
- A G Suite or Google Workspace edition
- A super administrator account for your Google Admin console (for example, to provision users and resources and to activate profiles)
- A Google Workspace service account to authenticate the HCL Domino server. Learn more
- The GWMHN app is added to the Google Admin console allowlist as a third-party app under App Access Control. Learn more
To install and run GWMHN, you need Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 or later. Older versions of Windows Server might work, but check whether you need to update the XML services to Core XML Services 6 level. Consult your Microsoft documentation on checking your version and how to update.
HCL Notes and Domino
- While mail files can reside on any operating system that supports HCL Notes, migration requires HCL Domino Server release 6.5 or later.
- Install a single HCL Notes client with Domino Administrator.
- Administrator access is required for the mail files being migrated through a trusted user or server ID.
About smart features & personalization
Before you migrate data, you need to decide if smart features in Gmail and Google Chat and Meet as well as personalization features in other Google products can use data from Gmail, Chat, and Meet. For certain features to work, such as autosorting in Gmail, smart features and personalization must be turned on in the target account before you migrate data.
Learn more about turning on smart features and personalization.
To download GWMHN, click the button.Download GWMHN
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.