Create a service account
Set up an account for authorizing your G Suite migration or sync tool. Take these steps to create a service account in the Google Cloud Platform Console.
Step 1: Create a project
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Console and sign in as a super administrator. Choose an option:
- If you haven't used the GCP Console before, agree to the Terms of Service and click Create Project.
- If you have used GCP Console before, at the top of the screen next to your most recent project name, click Down to open your projects list. Then, click New Project.
- Enter a project name and click Create.
Step 2: Enable the APIs for the service account
- In the top-left corner of the GCP console, click Menu APIs & Services Library.
- For each API you require (see below), click the API name and then Enable.
Tip: If you don't see the API, enter the API name in the search box.
- To enable another API, click Back .
You'll return to the API Library.
- Repeat step 2, as required.
|Tool||Enable these APIs|
|G Suite Migration for Microsoft® Exchange||Admin SDK, Google Calendar API, Contacts API, Gmail API, Groups Migration API|
|G Suite Password Sync||Admin SDK|
|G Suite Migration for IBM® Notes®||Google Calendar API, Google People API, Gmail API, Groups Migration API
Note: If you are using GSMIN 5.1 or earlier, use the Contacts API instead of the Google People API.
|Google Calendar Connector for IBM Notes||Admin SDK, Google Calendar API|
|Google Calendar Resource Sync||Admin SDK, Google Calendar API|
Step 3: Create the service account
- In the top-left corner of the GCP console, click Menu .
- Click IAM & Admin Service accounts.
- Click Create Service Account and in the Service account name field, enter a name for the service account.
- (Optional) Enter a description of the service account.
- Click Create.
- (Optional) Assign the role of Project viewer to the new account.
- Click Continue Create Key.
- Ensure the key type is set to JSON and click Create.
You'll see a message that the service account JSON file has been downloaded to your computer.
- Make a note of the location and name of this file.
You will need it later.
- Click Close Done.
- In the list of service accounts, click the email address that relates to the service account you created and click Edit.
- Click View Domain Wide Delegation Client ID.
- In the Product name for the consent screen field, enter a product name.
- In the Email address field, use the default email address or assign a new email address.
- Click Save.
- If you are installing GSMME or GSPS, copy the Client ID value.
You will need this later.
Important: By default, only the creator of the project has rights to manage the project. To ensure that the project can be maintained if the creator leaves the organization, you should assign at least one other person the role of Project Owner. For details, see Manage project members or change project ownership.
Return to your migration or sync tool to continue the setup process: