You can use the audit and investigation page to run searches related to Cloud Search log events. There, you can view a record of actions in Cloud Search as users in your organization search across Google Workspace services, such as Drive, Contacts, and Gmail, and third-party data sources.
For a full list of services and activities that you can investigate, such as Google Drive or user activity, read through the data sources for the audit and investigation page.
Open the audit and investigation page
In the Admin console, go to Menu ReportingAudit and investigationCloud Search log events.
Filter the data
- Open the log events as described above in Access Cloud Search log event data.
- Click Add a filter, and then select an attribute.
- In the pop-up window, select an operatorselect a valueclick Apply.
(Optional) To create multiple filters for your search:
- Click Add a filter and repeat step 3.
- (Optional) To add a search operator, above Add a filter, select AND or OR.
- Click Search.
Note: Using the Filter tab, you can include simple parameter and value pairs to filter the search results. You can also use the Condition builder tab, where the filters are represented as conditions with AND/OR operators.
For this data source, you can use the following attributes when searching log event data:
|Actor||Email address of the user who performed the action|
Actor group name
Group name of the actor. For more information, see Filtering results by Google Group.
To add a group to your filtering groups allowlist:
Actor organizational unit
|Organizational unit of the actor|
|Date||Date and time the event occurred (displayed in your browser's default time zone)|
|Event||The logged event action, such as Search, Suggest, or List query sources
|Name of the service handling the API call|
|Name of the method handling the API call|
API call response status code
|Response status code of the API call|
|Search request search application ID||
Search application ID sent in the search request
|Search request query||Query sent in the search request|
|Number of results in search response||
Number of results sent in the search response
|Suggest request search application ID||Search application ID sent in the suggest request|
|Suggest request query||Query sent in the suggest request|
|Number of results in suggest response||Number of results sent in the suggest response|
|List query sources search application ID||Search application ID send in the list query sources request|
|Number of results in list query sources response||Number of results sent in the list query sources response|
Manage log event data
Manage search results column data
You can control which data columns appear in your search results.
- At the top-right of the search results table, click Manage columns .
- (Optional) To remove current columns, click Remove .
- (Optional) To add columns, next to Add new column, click the Down arrow and select the data column.
Repeat as needed.
- (Optional) To change the order of the columns, drag the data column names.
- Click Save.
Export search result data
- At the top of the search results table, click Export all.
- Enter a name click Export.
The export displays below the search results table under Export action results.
- To view the data, click the name of your export.
The export opens in Google Sheets.
Create reporting rules
When and how long is data available?
Go to Data retention and lag times.