You can use the audit and investigation page to run searches related to Profile log events. There you can view a record of actions to track changes. This information is helpful when you troubleshoot issues or when your users notice discrepancies or unexpected changes to their profile. Log entries usually appear within 30 minutes of the user action.
For a full list of services and activities that you can investigate, such as Google Drive or user activity, read through the data sources for the audit and investigation page.
Open the audit and investigation page
- On the left, click ReportingAudit and investigationProfile log events.
Filter the data
- Open the log events as described above in Access Profile log event data.
- Click Add a filter, and then select an attribute.
- In the pop-up window, select an operatorselect a valueclick Apply.
(Optional) To create multiple filters for your search:
- Click Add a filter and repeat step 3.
- (Optional) To add a search operator, above Add a filter, select AND or OR.
- Click Search.
Note: Using the Filter tab, you can include simple parameter and value pairs to filter the search results. You can also use the Condition builder tab, where the filters are represented as conditions with AND/OR operators.
For this data source, you can use the following attributes when searching log event data:
|Event||The logged event action, such as Name updated by user, Birthday updated by user, or Phone deleted by user|
Manage log event data
Manage search results column data
You can control which data columns appear in your search results.
- At the top-right of the search results table, click Manage columns .
- (Optional) To remove current columns, click Remove .
- (Optional) To add columns, next to Add new column, click the Down arrow and select the data column.
Repeat as needed.
- (Optional) To change the order of the columns, drag the data column names.
- Click Save.
Export search result data
- At the top of the search results table, click Export all.
- Enter a name click Export.
The export displays below the search results table under Export action results.
- To view the data, click the name of your export.
The export opens in Google Sheets.
Create reporting rules
When and how long is data available?
Go to Data retention and lag times.