Get notifications in the YouTube TV app
Can't wait for your team's next game or the latest episode of your favorite show? You can turn on notifications in the YouTube TV mobile app to get a notification when a new live airing is starting.
We may also occasionally send you notifications for upcoming events or recommended programs based on your interests. You can use the instructions below to adjust your notifications or turn them off completely.
Turn on notifications
- In the YouTube TV mobile app, tap the bell icon on any program page or tap the overflow menu > bell icon below the video player on the watch page.
- You'll get a push notification on your mobile device when a new live airing starts for a selected program.
Turn off or modify notifications
- Untap the bell icon on any program page or below the video player.
- You can also disable other push notifications in YouTube TV by selecting Settings > Notifications , or turn off all notifications for the YouTube TV app in your mobile device's settings.
To change your notification preferences:
- Select your profile photo in the YouTube TV mobile app.
- Tap Settings > Notifications .
- Select any push notification type or program to modify your notification preferences.
Troubleshooting notification issues
If you don't get a notification, it may be because:
- Push notifications are not enabled on your device. You can enable these notifications in your device's settings.
- YouTube TV sets limits on how many push notifications you can receive in a 10-minute period. If you've received several notifications, we may hold off on sending you additional notifications during the same period.
- An episode or event is a rerun, not a new airing, so we wouldn't send you a notification.