Can't wait for your team's next game or the latest episode of your favorite show? You can turn on notifications in the YouTube TV mobile app to get a notification when a new live airing is starting.
We may also occasionally send you notifications for upcoming events or recommended programs based on your interests. You can use the instructions below to change your notifications or turn them off completely.
Turn on notifications
- In the YouTube TV mobile app, tap Notify on any program page or below the video player on the watch page.
- You'll get a notification on your mobile device when a new live airing starts for a selected program.
Turn off or modify notifications
- Untap Notify on any program page or below the video player.
- You can also turn off other notifications in YouTube TV by selecting your profile picture Settings Notifications , or turn off all notifications for the YouTube TV app in your mobile device's settings.
To change your notification preferences:
- Select your profile picture in the YouTube TV mobile app.
- Tap Settings Notifications .
- Select any notification type or program to modify your notification preferences.
Troubleshooting notification issues
If you don't get a notification, it may be because:
- Notifications are not enabled on your device. You can turn notifications on in your device's settings.
- YouTube TV sets limits on how many notifications you can get in a 10-minute period. If you've gotten several notifications, we may hold off on sending you more notifications during the same period.
- An episode or event is a rerun, not a new airing, so we wouldn't send you a notification.