You can enjoy YouTube TV while traveling in the United States, but available programs may vary by location.
- Local networks for the location you're visiting. Note: You can’t record local programming outside of your home area.
- Local sports programs, depending on content rights and which networks are available in that region. You may also see sports programs from your home area if they're available in other regions. Note: Sports programming can vary widely based on location and content rights. Learn more about viewing restrictions.
- Nationally available networks, including both live and on-demand programs. Note: Some networks have different versions for different timezones. You'll see the live version that matches your travel location.
- All of your recorded programs from your home area. Programs will be recorded once they've completed airing on live TV.
- YouTube videos on YouTube TV.
What you can do while traveling domestically
- Record programs from your home area or nationally available networks.
- Search and browse for shows, events, and movies.
Viewing restrictions on YouTube TV
If you're traveling, you may also be restricted in which live TV programs you can watch. You'll see this icon if a program that you're recording is unavailable to watch live. Your recording will be available in your library after the live program ends. Learn more about viewing restrictions on YouTube TV. If you think you're seeing a viewing restriction in error, get in touch with support for help with resolving the issue.
- If you're a frequent traveler, make sure to use YouTube TV at least once every 3 months in your home area. This check makes sure YouTube TV can continue to offer you the correct local networks.
- If you're an MLB fan, make sure to use YouTube TV once every 30 days in your home area. Checking in will help to avoid sports game-related viewing restrictions.
- If you move out of the home area you signed up in, you'll need to update your location in YouTube TV.