Record shows, sports, events, and movies
Never miss an episode or game by recording your favorite programs to your personal library.
Add or remove programs from your library
Add a program to your library:
- Any time you see the add icon next to a show, sports team, event, etc., you can add it to your library.
- Adding a program to your library means that all current and upcoming airings will be recorded.
Remove a program from your library:
- To remove a program from your library, select the remove icon next to the title on the program page.
- Removing a program from your library means that current and upcoming airings will no longer be recorded. Your recorded programs will be available until they expire.
Find recorded programs
Understand your playback options for recordings
If you're recording a game or program, you can choose to:
- Start your program from the beginning
- Resume the program where you paused it
- Watch the currently live program
- Watch key plays (if our stats & key plays feature is supported for the league you're watching and your device)
Recording storage space
- Add as many programs to your library as you like—YouTube TV includes DVR without storage space limits.
- You can record any program that airs on YouTube TV. Recording doesn't take up space on your device, but you need to be connected to the internet to view recorded programs.
- You can typically find shows on YouTube TV if they have episodes airing in the next two weeks. Once you've added a show to your library, it will stay there, even if there are no upcoming episodes.
- As long as you maintain your membership status, live TV recordings will be saved for 9 months. Other programs will vary based on agreements with our content partners.
- Sports recordings will generally be extended 30 minutes beyond the scheduled end time in case games run long. YouTube TV may also detect the specific end time of a game and extend the recording to that point.
- All other recordings will be extended 1 minute past the scheduled end time in case programs run long.
Recording single episodes, games, or events
- For shows: If you add a show to your library, all airings—including upcoming airings and reruns—will be recorded automatically. You can't record a single episode, but with Google taking care of your recording space, who needs just one episode?
- For sports: Add your preferred teams, leagues, or group of games (e.g., all NBA Playoff games) to your library, and any games available in your area will be recorded across any of the networks they air on. On some occasions, certain sporting events may not be available. Learn more about viewing restrictions on YouTube TV.
- For one-off events, like awards shows: Simply add the event to your library.
Ads on recorded programs
Learn more about ads on YouTube TV.
Flag a bad recording
If you come across a bad recording in YouTube TV, you can flag it by doing the following:
- While trying to watch the recording, tap the Menu iconbelow the video player.
- Select Report recording.
- Select the specific issue you're having with the recording, then submit.
- For some programs in your library, you may be able to select your preferred format—recording or video on-demand—when you start watching.
- In the YouTube TV mobile app, you can press down on your screen on any page to open a menu. The menu includes a variety of actions, like adding a program to your library.
- If you add a program to your library while an episode is in progress, your recording will start from the time you added the program. If a rerun of the episode airs, your partial recording will be replaced by a full episode.