Never miss a show, sports, event, or movie by recording your favorite programs to your personal library on YouTube TV. You can add as many programs to your library—YouTube TV includes DVR without storage space limits. On some occasions, certain sporting events may not be available. Learn more about viewing restrictions on YouTube TV. Note: Personalized ads are not shown on made for kids content. Learn more about ads on YouTube TV.
Subscribe to the YouTube Viewers channel for the latest news, updates, and tips.
Record or remove programs
- Go to YouTube TV.
- Next to a show, sports team or event you want to record, tap Add . All current and upcoming airings will be recorded and added to your Library.
- If you add a program to your library while an episode is in progress, your recording will start from the time you added the program. If a rerun of the episode airs, your partial recording will be replaced by a full episode.
- Next to a show, sports team or event you want to remove, tap Remove. All current and upcoming airings will be removed. Your recorded programs will be available until they expire.
Playback options for recordings (DVR)
If you're recording a game or program, you can choose to:
- Start your program from the beginning
- Resume the program where you paused it
- Watch the currently live program
- Watch key plays (Note: check whether the stats & key plays feature is supported for the league you're watching, and on your device)
Note: If you come across a bad recording in YouTube TV, you can report it within the video player.