/youtubemusic/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
This post is a trending issue.
[AMA] Ask us anything about YouTube Music app’s new listening experience by Oct 21
Hi everyone!

Last week, we shared with our YouTube Music listeners (blog post) that background play will soon be available in Canada, free of charge, beginning on November 3, 2021. Alongside this update, some features will become exclusive to YouTube Music Premium listeners, such as on-demand music selection and unlimited skips. These changes are coming to Canada first, and we’ll keep everyone posted on global expansion plans – stay tuned.

More on what this means for YouTube Music listeners in Canada below,

Those who listen to music free with ads will now be able to
  • listen to music in the background 
  • shuffle play personalized mixes (that are made just for you!)
  • find the perfect mood mixes for activities like workout, commute and more
  • explore millions of songs & thousands of playlists, free of cost

Those who pay for a YouTube Premium subscription will be able to enjoy additional exclusive benefits, like the ability to
  • listen to songs on-demand 
  • watch videos on YouTube Music
  • skip tracks an unlimited number of times
  • enjoy YouTube Music without ads

Note: If Free listeners have uploaded songs on the YouTube Music app, they can continue to play them anytime, on-demand.

We know many of you have questions, so we’re excited to host an AMA with Product Manager Jason Robinson on this topic! Starting today, you can submit your questions and feedback in the comments below and we’ll respond by next Thursday.

On Thursday Oct 21 at 12 pm PST, Jason will be here in the community answering as many questions as possible – directly on this thread!

Please keep in mind that we will only be addressing questions related to YouTube Music app’s new listening experience since that is Jason’s expertise. All other unrelated questions won’t be addressed but know that we hope to bring more AMAs to you in the future, spanning other topics.

That’s all for now, I look forward to reading your questions!

– Hazel (on behalf of the YouTube Music team)
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (75)
“You can’t be brave, if you’re not scared.”
Relevant Answer
Will Canadian users created playlists or playlists in general be affected by this change?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Along wit Leon's question: Currently, all YTM playlists (except GPM migrated) are available inthe main YT app. Is on demand song play going to remain available in the main YT app? Will playlists that free uses created in the YTM app will still be available and playable in the main YT app? Also, along the same lines, will the official releases for albums/songs/etc... still be available in the main YT app?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
A few questions from me.

1. Will this new approach still allow users to listen to their own uploaded music in the background, and queue these songs in any order they like?
  2. Continuing the above, if a user plays music from their own uploads, will it autoplay music outside of their uploads too?
  3. What sound quality options will be available to free users?  Will they be able to choose between quality settings?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello my name is Rosa  and my mom recently bought the music premium but she sent me a invitation but I've tried excepting it but nothing happened nd I really need help before this month ends because it would have got paid for nothing ......so please let me know asap what I can do!! PLEASE &THANK YOU😁😊😉
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Why in YouTube are you able to add a song (or video) to multiple playlists at a time, while in YouTube Music you can only add the song to one playlist at a time? Why did you all remove such a significant, useful feature?
Please explain,
because I seriously have a huge issue with this as being able to add a song to multiple playlists at once probably saves upwards of 40 seconds of your customer's time... PER SONG. I told my family and friend (who were considering using YT Music) and they say they don't really want to use the service anymore because of this, same goes for me
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/youtubemusic/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic