YouTube Music Premium members can customize their listening experience on YouTube Music with additional benefits only available with a paid membership. Read below to learn about the benefits that only YouTube Music Premium members receive.
Download music and podcasts offline
As a YouTube Music Premium member, you can download music and podcasts to your device for up to 30 days.
You can also set up Smart Downloads, and YouTube Music will automatically download music content for you based on your previous listening history.
Use audio-only mode
Travel with YouTube Music
If you're a YouTube Music Premium member, you can access your paid membership benefits and music library in the YouTube Music app, even if you're in a country/region where YouTube Music isn't available. The music content that's available to you at home will travel with you for 6 months so you can keep enjoying your listening experience. Your music downloads will remain available for 30 days without internet connection. Podcast downloads are not available outside the U.S.
Your paid membership benefits (such as offline listening, background play, music without ads, etc.) will only travel with you in the YouTube Music app. These benefits are not currently supported for traveling members in other apps or services.
Whether you’re offline or just trying to save data, the YouTube Music app allows you to shuffle all your downloads. Follow the steps below to listen to a mix of your downloaded music or podcasts on shuffle.
- Open the YouTube Music app from your signed-in YouTube Music Premium account.
- Tap Library in the menu at the bottom of your app screen.
- Tap Downloads.
- Tap Shuffle all.
Cast music to a speaker or TV device
If you’re a YouTube Music Premium member, you can play music on a speaker, smart display, or TV device by casting from the YouTube Music web app to a speaker device, or by going to music.youtube.com on a web browser.
When casting, your music will keep playing even if you exit Chrome, close the web app, or turn off your computer.
Set up a cast
- Open the YouTube Music web app, or go to music.youtube.com in a web browser.
- Click the Cast icon (near your profile picture).
- Click the device or group you want to cast to.
- When you play a song, podcast, or video, your content will start playing on the selected device or group.
- To stop casting content, click the Cast icon and then Stop casting.