With a YouTube Music Premium membership, you can choose between listening to content or watching videos from the creators you love.
What is audio mode?
Switch between audio and video mode
- Open a song or podcast you want to enjoy in the YouTube Music app.
- You'll see the option to select Audio or Video mode at the top of the screen.
- Tap Video to turn on video mode.
- Tap Audio to only hear the album version of the song or the podcast episode.
- If you want to stop playing videos and go back to a listening only experience, tap Audio.
Turn on audio-only mode:
- Open the YouTube Music app from your signed-in account.
- Select your profile photo Settings.
- Select Data saving.
- Switch Don’t play music videos to the on position.
You can also listen to full albums regardless of whether some songs in the album have YouTube videos or not. If a song does not have an accompanying music video, the audio version will play instead.
Audio-only mode does not prevent music videos from being played in YouTube Music. If the only file available for playback on YouTube Music is a music video, the music video will play in audio-only mode.