YouTube Music Premium members can customize their listening experience on YouTube Music with additional benefits that are only available with a paid membership. Read below for some of the benefits that only YouTube Premium members receive.
Download music offline
Use audio-only mode
Travel with YouTube Music
If you're a YouTube Music Premium or a YouTube Premium member, you get access to your paid membership benefits and your music library in the YouTube Music app, even if you're in a country/region where YouTube Music isn't available. The music content that's available to you at home will travel with you for 6 months so you can keep enjoying your listening experience. Your downloads will also remain available to you for 30 days without an internet connection.
Your paid membership benefits (such as offline listening, background play, ad-free listening, etc.) will only travel with you in the YouTube Music app. These benefits are not currently supported for traveling members in other apps and services.
- Open the YouTube Music app and make sure you're signed in to your YouTube Music Premium membership.
- Tap Library in the menu at the bottom of your app screen.
- Tap Downloads.
- Tap Shuffle all.
Cast music to a speaker or TV device
Once installed, you can use the YouTube Music web app to play music and control playback on a speaker, smart display, or TV device. To do so, mirror from the web app to a speaker device. While mirroring, your music will stay connected to your speaker as long as it’s playing from the YouTube Music web app. If you exit or stop the song from the web app, music will also stop playing from your speaker.
If you’re a YouTube Music Premium member, you can play music on a speaker, smart display, or TV device by casting from the YouTube Music web app to a speaker device, or by going to music.youtube.com on a web browser. When casting, your music will keep playing even if you exit Chrome, close the web app, or turn off your computer.
- Open the YouTube Music web app, or go to music.youtube.com in a web browser.
- Click the Cast icon (near your profile picture).
- Click the device or group you want to cast to.
- When you play a song or video, your content will start playing on the selected device or group.
- To stop casting content, click the Cast icon and then Stop casting.