YouTube Music integrates with several apps and services so you can enjoy a great listening experience, whether you’re at home or on the go. To learn how to use YouTube Music with some other services, read below.
These options are available to ad-supported YouTube Music listeners and YouTube Music Premium members.
You can listen to YouTube Music with your Wear OS watch. Enjoy music anywhere using your watch, without needing to carry a mobile device with you. Download songs to your watch so you can listen to music while offline. Leave your phone behind, and workout to your favorite songs with YouTube Music on your wrist.
Note: YouTube Music is supported on most watches running the latest version of Wear OS 2, or newer. All playback from YouTube Music should be 128 kbps bitrate AAC.
Here’s what you can do with YouTube Music on Wear OS:
- Listen to music using your watch connected to a Bluetooth accessory, like headphones.
- Download music directly to your watch so you can listen without an internet connection.
- Control playback, manage your downloads, and like songs, all from your wrist.
Download the YouTube Music app
To get started, download the YouTube Music app to your Wear OS watch:
- Open the Google Play Store on your watch.
- Search for YouTube Music.
- Select the YouTube Music app to start downloading it to your device.
- Once the app is installed, sign in to your YouTube Music account to start listening to music.
From there, you can browse your library, workout suggestions, find your downloads, and personalized music recommendations.
To listen to YouTube Music without an internet connection, download music directly to your Wear OS device:
- Open YouTube Music on your Wear OS watch.
- Tap the song or playlist you want to download.
- Tap the download icon .
Tip: Turn on smart downloads to keep your watch automatically up-to-date with your favorite music. When you turn on smart downloads, your watch will automatically download music for you based on your YouTube Music listening history.
Note: Keep in mind the amount of music you can download depends on the storage space you have available on your Wear OS device.
Google Home & Nest speakers
You can use YouTube Music on smart speakers, such as Google Home and Nest speakers.
Smart speakers will stream music for you that is closely related to the album, song, or playlist that you request. They cannot play specific requests or repeat songs, unless it is music you have uploaded. However, you can change radio stations to listen to different music and skip to the next song up to 6 times per hour.
If you are an ad-supported user and you request a song that you uploaded to YouTube Music, you will be able to play that specific track.
Note: YouTube Music Premium members can listen ad-free on smart speakers, and request albums, songs, and playlists on-demand. Check out our paid membership options to explore other membership benefits and sign-up.
In some markets, YouTube Music will be your default music streaming services on Google Home devices. If it’s not your default, you can change your music service settings.
- Download the YouTube app and sign in to your account.
- Using your remote or controller, click to the left, which will open a menu on the left side of your screen.
- Select Music from the menu - here you will find your personalized YouTube Music content.
- Select the Google Play Store app.
- Select Search and type in “YouTube Music.”
- Select Install.
- Click the YouTube Music launcher icon. You will be taken directly to the YouTube Music tab of the YouTube app - sign in to find your personalized YouTube Music content.
Casting from the YouTube Music app to your TV
- Make sure your phone, tablet, or computer with a supported cast browser is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your casting device.
- Open the YouTube Music app.
- Tap Cast (near your profile picture).
- Tap the device you want to cast to.
- When you play a song or video, your content will start playing on the TV connected to that device.
YouTube Music Installable Web App
To create a launcher icon for YouTube Music:
- Visit http://music.youtube.com/ on a Chrome browser.
- Tap More in the upper-right corner of your Chrome browser.
- From the drop-down menu, select Install YouTube Music.
- Press Install.
Google Pixel Buds
YouTube Music Premium Members
If you're a YouTube Music Premium Member, you can enjoy your music with additional apps and services. Check them out below.
- Make sure you're signed into the YouTube Music app.
- After signing in, go the music tab in Android Auto.
- YouTube Music should now be in the music tab for your listening experience.
To use YouTube Music with Apple CarPlay:
- Make sure you're signed into the YouTube Music app.
- Open the YouTube Music app on your CarPlay screen.
- You can explore your music using the navigation bar at the top of your screen. Explore music using the Recommended, Library, and Downloads tabs.
If you see an error message when attempting to use YouTube Music with Apple CarPlay, make sure you're signed into your YouTube Music app.
Sonos Wireless Speakers
To set up YouTube Music on your Sonos app:
- Open the Sonos app.
- Tap More from the menu on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Add Music Services.
- Select YouTube Music Add to Sonos.
- Tap I'm already a member.
- Tap Authorize and paste the code presented on the previous screen.
- Tap Next and sign in to or select your YouTube Music account.
- Return to the Sonos app.
- Enter an account and then click Done.
If you have trouble connecting, you may need to update your app and then try these steps again.