When using the YouTube Music app, you can take control of your listening experience by shuffling a playlist or repeating a song. Learn how below.
Shuffle songs in a playlist, album or from an artist page
- Choose an album, playlist, or artist page (for an artist) you want to enjoy.
- Tap Shuffle under the album art.
Shuffle a playlist or album while listening
While listening to a song on your album or playlist, click the crisscrossed arrows to shuffle the songs in your album or playlist.
Shuffle songs and albums in Library
To shuffle all of your music:
- In the YouTube Music app, go to Library .
- Select Songs.
- Select Shuffle all.
Songs you like and songs you add to your library will appear under the Songs page. These songs can also be included in your shuffle mix.
If you’ve added an album to your YouTube Music library, each individual song within that album will also appear under the Songs page. These songs can also be included in your shuffle mix.
Learn more about Library and how you can use it to enhance your listening experience.
To repeat a song
- While listening to a song on your album or playlist, tap the icon at the bottom of the player screen. Doing so will expand the section and allow you to view which songs or videos will be playing next.
- Tap the circular arrows until the number 1 appears in the middle. Doing so will repeat the current song or video.
- If you’re listening to a playlist or album, you can also click the circular arrows again until the arrows are illuminated to repeat the entire playlist or album.
- If you’ve selected a specific song, video, or artist, you can only repeat the song or video currently playing.